The touchstone of Reform Pagan practice is transformation of ourselves, our faith and spiritual communities, our greater human family, and the whole world, all for the highest good in Nature.
The specifics of such a practice are up to each individual and group, according to the diversity of traditions within the Reform Pagan family, but the basic foundation is built from the Five Elements of the Pagan Reformation, symbolized by the five points of our Shining Pentagram:
- Fire: Ritual oriented around the solar year, the lunar months, the devotional “hours” of each day (sunrise, midday, sunset, and midnight), and rites of passage in human life
- Water: Fellowship in spiritual communities that work together to minister in compassionate lovingkindness and sympathetic joy to each other and the entire human family
- Air: Study of all wisdom traditions and all fields of scholarship to seek truth with curiosity, wonder, and an open mind
- Earth: Attunement to the natural world and care for all of Nature’s Creation, including efforts to improve and transcend our own biophysical circumstances and condition
- Spirit: Connection with divinity, channeling the best and highest muses within each person through mystical experiences and creative endeavors to promote spiritual development in Nature
Suggestions for learning more, right here on PaganRenewal.org: