The touchstone of Reform Pagan practice is transformation of ourselves, our faith and spiritual communities, our greater human family, and the whole world, all for the better in Nature.
The specifics of such a practice are up to each individual and group, according to the diversity of traditions within the Reform Pagan family, but the basic foundation is typically built from these Five Elements:
- Fire: Ritual oriented around the solar year, the lunar months, certain devotional “hours” of each day (in particular, sunrise, midday, sunset, and midnight), and rites of passage in human life
- Water: Fellowship in spiritual communities that work together to minister in compassionate lovingkindness and sympathetic joy to each other and the entire human family
- Air: Study of all wisdom traditions and all fields of scholarship to seek truth with curiosity, wonder, and an open mind
- Earth: Attunement to the natural world and care for it and all that lives in it, including efforts to improve and transcend our own biophysical circumstances and condition
- Spirit: Actualization of self by channeling the best and highest muses within each person through creative endeavors and unending spiritual and human development
Suggestions for learning more, right here on PaganRenewal.org: