Whether you’re relatively new to Reform Paganism or quite familiar with this new branch of the great tree of Paganism, the Pagan Renewal Network offers many resources for deepening your understanding of Reform Paganism.
Humans are social animals whose spirituality attains fullness only in community. If you would like help finding a Reform Pagan group near you, please create a profile on the Pagan Renewal Network and search for members near you or contact us.
Reform Paganism is still a relatively new branch of the great tree of Pagan religion, so local groups are admittedly few and far between. Regardless of what kind of community you have or don’t have, you can follow our dedicant course and practice Reform Paganism to some extent all by yourself. Here are some first steps you can take on a Reform Pagan path:
- Observe the sabbats of the solar year and the esbats of the lunar cycle in rituals on your own or with a group, always with a focus upon transformation of self and the whole world.
- Develop compassionate lovingkindness and sympathetic joy toward all people, and let that feeling inspire you to volunteer in service to your local community on an ongoing basis.
- Study human wisdom traditions, both Pagan and non-Pagan, as well as contemporary fields of scholarship to increase your understanding of yourself and of the world around you.
- Ground and center yourself in your body in Nature as you work to improve the health of Nature’s creation and your own biophysical conditions and circumstances.
- Get in touch with “divinity”, the Awen, or your “higher self”, particularly through meditation and creative pursuits, so you can discover and express who you truly are.
You can find many more ideas helpful in starting out on a Reform Pagan path in The Enchiridion of Aquarius: A New Living Handbook.